Monday, November 22, 2010

A Picture Perfect Memory

My family used to go places like this all the time. I remember sitting there and admiring the beautiful artistry the forest offered us. The river curved in the soft ground, laughing and bubbly with its spontaneous energy. Trees stretched their branches tall, lifting them up in the baby blue sky. The sea of emerald grass shone with luminous color, only interrupted by the tiny jewels of flowers shining in the soft golden light streaming through the trees.
We would ahve picnics there, we would play and be free. Just listening to the birds and watching the squirrels play. Times were easy then, and I miss those days. When I get the chance, I would love to go back and visit. But it is hard, because I am older now.

Tarynn Green

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I wish that I had a place like this to remember from my childhood. Very good imagery and voice it your writing! Good job.
    -Janelle Leppink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tarynn, your writing is amazing! I agree with Janelle, this place sounds picture perfect and I wish I could go there. You really personalized it with your last line and it makes me want to know more. To me, it's a huge cliff hanger. This belongs on the back cover of a book, describing what it's all about. I might consider elaborating on the idea to make it bigger and better. Bravo!:)
    -Brianne Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing job! That place sounds peaceful :) You are a fantastic writer!
    Kyleigh Cooper

    ReplyDelete