Thursday, November 4, 2010

26 Ways to Fail






In this next installment of 26 Ways to Fail: There will be two themes! (again!)




The first is Cellos




Cellos- The reason I have added cellos ( I wasn't going to do them before) was because my lovely little brother Isaiah showed me what happened to his cello. (to those faint of heart don't look at the pictures above... oh wait too late isn't it? well these are not made up since my foot is in the first picture. (the purple blob)) This is the second cello my brother has killed this school year, in fact, he has had this cello since Wednesday. That lasted long. Cellos are an amazing instrument that I love. *note: he denies killing two cellos*



The next theme is one of my (other) absolute favorites!

Choir!!!!

This is an amazing subject because one, it starts with a c! and two it leads into something I do daily! (I am also going to have a competition with the content of my article* see below*)

Choir implies singing, which all of you (who read) know I do very often. In fact, just spend about 20 minutes with me and your bound to hear a show tune.

THE CONTEST:

See if you can name what songs I put in this post. I am going to rant on and on but slip in recognizable lyrics in the rant. In order to win you must list the name of the song and the show* (if applicable) otherwise just list N/A. There is a total of TEN songs. The contest ends on Monday. And guess what readers... the winner actually gets a prize. And it is something physical and real, not biotic though, that's too messy. So good luck! Comment to win!!! and NO CHEATING! No search engines. I want to see what you know! and if all else fails, I will give hints.




This week has been dark, though I'm sure the sun will come out tomorrow. I decided to rant today about nothing. Seems like it's a popular subject. Some people in class are so weird though... I just want to shout- " Lift up your head! Wash off your mascara! Here take my kleenex! Wipe that lipstick away!" But that's just me and the fact that some teachers can be scary and scare people to tears... Then there are the "teachers pets" who just think all day about teachers and are thinking this when the teacher asks them to do something- I'd do anything for you (dear)... it starts to get creepy.... People are so obsessed about being popular! I mean some people will go as far as to teach you the proper poise and how to talk boys! Seriously it's all underrated. Even ask people from Gary Indiana! Gary Indiana! Gary Indiana! (I felt repetitive...) Last time I said this to someone though, they started sighing over this guy Gary that they knew... I just wanted to scream- " forget about the boy!!". Sigh... It's a tale as old as time.... I mean people in this world just want everyone to look at them! But look at me, you may think you see who I really am, but you'll never know me. Every day it's as if I play a part. I think I can just look in a mirror... It's so perfect... I can see it now! I have often dreamed of a far off place where a hero's welcome would be waiting for me, (I mean come on, after writing this much I'm a hero) where the crowds will cheer when they see my face, and a voice keeps saying this is where I'm meant to be. HJH. Welcome to reality Jasmine. I guess I'll just wake up and see.... oh... (uhh...) What?? A beautiful morning (and uhh...) Oh! (wait??) What?? A beautiful day. I guess it will be a wonderful feeling. This rant is going my way! Yes!! I win!!! Thank you for reading my rant.


(this competition is too easy)


PLEASE ENTER!



Jasmine Crespo




7 comments:

  1. Sorry for it being late. My mom had to unlock the computer and I had to do everything else in my day before this. Sorry. And for the contest, one of the songs is a little weird and unrecognizeable, two are cartoons(also they are for the stage but most of you know them as cartoons) and some of them are so obvious I will be baffled if you do not get them right.
    Jasmine Crespo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I can name one already. POPULAR!! YOUR GONNA BE POPUUUUUULAR! I'LL TEACH YOU THE PROPER POISE WHEN YOU TALK TO BOYS LITTLE WAYS TO FLIRT AND FLOUNCE OO! I'LL SHOW YOU WHAT SHOES TO WEAR HOW TO FIX YOUR HAIR, EVERYTHING THAT REALLY COUNTS TO BE POPULAR!
    Sorry, that's my Wicked obsession. I know all the songs by heart...that's really sad now that I think about it....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, found two more! Yaaaaay. I'm so weird...

    Taylor Tomlinson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry. I have multiple shows that I know by heart. And the little mermaid is my pride and joy which I know every line and lyric and... "don't get me started..."
    Jasmine Crespo

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH the poor cello! I love the cello. I still need to hear Peter play one day;word on the street is, he is quite good.

    Incorporating Broadway tunes=brilliant. I recognized Oklahoma.

    Ms. L

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1.Tomorrow-Annie
    2.I'd Do Anything-Oliver!
    3.Popular-Wicked
    4.Gary Indiana-The Music Man
    5.Forget About the Boy-Thoroughly Modern Millie
    6.Beauty and the Beast-Beauty and the Beast
    7.Title I don't remember-Hercules
    8.Oh What a Beautiful Mornin'-Oklahoma!
    9.Did I also read some Reflection-Mulan?
    10.I'm not sure what the other one is. Something from Little Shop of Horrors.

    Sorry, that's the best I've got.

    Peter Rosen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Peter. Nice. The little shop of horrors one was Sincerely, Seymour. Sorry that one was a little hard. The hercules one is go the distance. I think you won... yeah. concidering you got all the shows right. Okay you won. Was it easy? :)
    Jasmine Crespo

    ReplyDelete