Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Creative Paragraph- Madeline Olsen

A girl stands with a perfectly turned out leg, preparing to take her first step. A black ribbon is tied around her neck, signifying her talent and high-ranking position in the Paris Opera Ballet. The instructor corrects her, and I think of how I would feel if I were in her place. I imagine my heart racing, cheeks burning with embarrassment for being singled out in front of the whole class, yet pleased at the attention. Another young girl stands in the corner, leaning away from the barre, wistfully watching, and dreaming of being seen. Her neck is noticeably bare. Unlike the other members of the company, this girl cares about the lack of attention she receives.

7 comments:

  1. You are a very creative writer. I enjoyed reading your creative writing.
    -Taryn Green

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would write about that. That was great imagery for 7:00 in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked the imagery. The scene was easy ti picture. I enjoyed reading this and your entire paragraph was good, but my favorite part was the contrast between the two dancers. Your writing created a very nice mood. I enjoyed reading this.
    -Carleigh Penrod

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maddie Olsen, I am diggin' this paragraph! I can totally relate to the cheeks burning part, that happens to me all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry! The last comment was by Madelin Crapo... btw

    ReplyDelete