Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Amazing Elephants by Will Matthews

I stood in front of the audience; my heartbeat a horse's hooves pounding at the speed of light. I knew my lines. I knew what i had to say, had to do, had to act. Yet i was frozen in time as the audience stares on, surely it has been a whole minute. Finally i utter the words "The amazing elephants!" and present them with a sweep of my tiny arm. As i go back to my corner of the stage, my kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Barunburgee, says i did great. I'm convinced she's just trying to do damage control on my ever so fragile ego, afraid it would shatter like a baseball-targeted window, not wanting me to burst into tears on stage.

4 comments:

  1. Your voice really comes out in your writing. My favorite line was ".. ever so fragile ego, afraid it would shatter like a baseball-targeted window..". Good job!
    -Tessa Yates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Will! I love this. Mrs. Barunburgee. The best. My mom works with her.
    Anyways, about the writing..(:
    I love the sentence "my heartbeat a horse's hooves pounding at the speed of light" love it!
    -Brynn Hall

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Will! This is really good! You are such a genius, and have great writing style! Great Job I loved it!! :)
    -Kylee Call

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will,
    I never knew how your writing was! You aren't afraid to put everything out there to the reader. Keep up the good work!

    Dallas Anderson

    ReplyDelete