Monday, November 22, 2010

Confidence in Fear

As I sit on my pew at church, I think. I reminisce on what happened. Why did it happen to me? What did I do to deserve this? I know for sure that Fluffy (my cat) will always be with me. He will help me through this like he does with everything else. He is always so nice to me. The year is 1942 and I live in Germany. I thought my life was hard until it happened. Our house was bombed and I was scared and remain scared.
"As long as you keep faith." That is what the pastor told me. He could see the fear in my eyes as he passed by. Keep faith, that is what I have to do. If I keep faith, then I will make it through this. I know this to be true because that is what my mother told me all my life. Those were even her last words before the bomb hit. I know I can make it through this because I have confidence. Confidence is the key to success.

Blake Brockbank

No comments:

Post a Comment