Monday, November 22, 2010

Picture of Life and Death By: Daniel Powell


A picture is art no matter how you look at it; pictures can mean a billion, trillion different things. This particular picture, to me, shows the main theme of life. Your life starts at the top, it is all just flat and a boringly boring green; back then, you are just so innocent and free to do as you choose, like a bird in the open sky. You can’t make any choices of your own; you rely on others for everything. This feeling is a good and happy joyful thing.
Later on you are put into the real world that is full of confusion, joy, and pain. The black in the back and the purple are all of your good and bad deeds you did in life. The larger red shape is the sign of death that will always be the over all out come of life. It is in the shape of a bird that will be looming over you in the latter years of your life; you will know that death is starting to catch you. Notice how the good and the bad things you did come in after you are dead too, this is just like many great artists who are not liked until after there death. Death is always at the end or the bottom of your life. The feeling here is sad and mixed into many different things such as pain, fear, and some joy, but over all death is sad.

4 comments:

  1. Wow Daniel... Nice, you really grabbed my attention and I couldn't stop reading. I'm glad you could make some sense out of that bizzare picture. I really love your perspective though.
    -Jasmine Crespo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was very different from what I saw but I can see what you mean. Very creative.
    Blake Brockbank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely snatched my attention! Well done!
    -Brynn Hall

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daniel! You did the same Pic as me! I really like how you described it! You are really good at writing and are such a cool kid! Great Job :)

    -Kylee Call

    ReplyDelete