Monday, November 22, 2010

Isaac Erekson creaitve writing


Sacagawea by Cyrus Edwin Dallin
This statue gave me the feeling of a absolute fear, not any that only matters in the now, but one that will affect her evermore This is because she looked like she was longing for something out of reach and all around her there is emptiness. She seems to want something she desperately needs and is scared to live without it, maybe not even able to live without it. She appears to be reaching out to try to get it, but it is out of her grasp. Maybe it cannot even be found again. She feels that utter despair. She is not afraid of losing anything of a physical value. Just look at the necklaces she is wearing. She is beyond that; she wants something of a spiritual or mental value. Like I would reach up for my friend when I am lying helpless on the ground. Or me being that friend needing the companionship of them, wanting them to be well again and wanting to help them.
I have felt fear all of my life, like how I can not stand being close to spiders, but I don’t recall ever feeling the extremity of the fear she feels, where there is no hope for what you love. She seems lost in the darkness of that fear possibly never being able to find her way out again. Like the spiral into insanity. It is sad really, it is the type of sadness that you would not wish on your own worst enemy. In order to feel the fear of that magnitude you have to have lost a close relative like a father, mother, husband, wife. It could have been a friend. Possibly even your own life. And I luckily have never suffered a loss as such. I am grateful for this, and especially for my friends, for a families love is usually unconditional, but a friends is acquired. They themselves need to accept you.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It's so much longer than before. Anyway, it's awesome! I really like it.

    Peter Rosen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job painting the picture of her and helping me to picture her and how she feels. Truely a work of art.

    Daniel Powell

    ReplyDelete