Thursday, October 15, 2009

Words, Words, Words posted by Ms. L

Taylor Swift was on Oprah yesterday, and I thought what she said about words and poetry was extremely interesting and helped, no doubt, in her amazing success.

Here's part of the interview: Before Taylor was a singer, she was a poet. She won a national poetry contest when she was only 9 years old, and by the age of 12 she was putting her poems to music. "If you can put words together the right way, and if you put the right rhymes at the end of the right sentences, you can make words bounce of a page. That's always been my favorite thing," she says. "I've made sure that in any situation and with any record label, I'm allowed to write my own music."

It all begins with ideas and writing.... :)

For more of the interview, click here.

2 comments:

  1. That's really interesting.

    Ellie Dow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good noticing! I didn't see it, but that is very useful info! Great!
    -Allie Neff

    ReplyDelete