Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Summary of Chapter One of "26 Ways to Fail" By Jasmine Crespo ( Comment on this one please!)

A is for “Archery”-
Today is the start of my talent journal, for that reason, I’m going to date my entries.
June 5,
Today is the first day of the rest of my life. I’m going to try archery. It shouldn’t be too hard. I’m now writing in my friend Jesse’s dad’s truck because Jesse convinced him to take us to archery classes. Jesse is psyched but I’m personally terrified. I’ve never tried anything like this in my life. There’s a first time for everything, right? This could be my hidden talent, my one shining moment, but just in case; here is my will. I’d like to thank my mom for giving birth to me, and she can have everything except for this journal I want her to burn it. I want to tell Shelby I will still hate/love her even when I’m dead, I will also haunt her and cut off her pigtails in her sleep. Tell Zach that “Borne Naked” can play at my funeral. I’d like Lilly, Jesse, and Kevin at my funeral. I think that is it. I hope before I die I at least find my talent.
As that was not depressing just cautionary, I’d like to move on. It is almost time for me to put this down and try the first thing on my list.
-- (Later)
Okay, Way #1 to fail
#1- Don’t listen to your instructor, also if you can, somehow make the arrow ricochet off the target and hit the instructors toupé . If you didn’t get in enough trouble, try to help him and manage to set him on fire.
Oh, yes this is all true. Every last word. I was busy staring at a pretty girl that was sitting in front of me when the instructor was giving directions. Here is what I was hearing/thinking, “Make sure not to (Blah, Blah, Her hair is so silky, she smells good too, I wonder if she would go out with me. I wonder what her name is. She looks like an Amber. I wish she would turn around and look at me. I love you Amber, love you...)
Blah, blah, blah. Okay! Got it? Follow these simple rules and no one will get hurt.”
So I just winged it instead of asking Jesse. Sometimes I don’t think and that is why this happened. I aimed the bow and arrow, a pretty easy task right? I gently let go of the arrow; it looked like it was going straight but it bounced off the target and ricochet into the instructors hairpiece. His face then turned a fiery red and he hollered at me and told me I was banned for life from this facility.
One down twenty- five to go. On another note, it seems that Jesse did wonderfully at arching and was put at top of the class. I know he wants to brag but he knows it will make me feel bad. Turns out that Jesse also got that pretty girl’s number; and he told me that her name was indeed Amber. Maybe my talent is naming people! Let’s see, anyone who would ever read this is probably named reader! I’m good right? I’m getting more organized. Here is a chart of my success/failure so far.
Talent Date Success Failure
A- Archery June 5 N/A x

2 comments:

  1. It is a summary so don't judge me too hard.
    FOR ALL BOYS THAT READ THIS-
    I need to know how you guys think,any suggestions for what Sam is thinking.
    I'm doing my best for being a girl.
    Also I need some odd talents, hobbies or skills that are part of the alphabet.
    -Jasmine Crespo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also thinking of changing the plot.
    Like instead of A is for archery it could be
    Way to Fail #1; that way I can have more than 26 chapter of content.(Not including my Introductory chapter or the conclusion one.)
    Way to Fail #1-
    Bite your teacher's head off and spit it out in the garbage can.
    Way to Fail #2-
    Step on a girl's toe while trying to impress her.
    Somthing like that.
    PLEASE REPLY!
    -Jasmine Crespo
    A.K.A.- JJ

    ReplyDelete