Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The View From Above by Alison Carter

The old, red biplane
Raises me up high
Over the rolling hills
And into the azure sky

I am light, and weightless
As I fly like a bird
Through the clouds I'm soaring
My course is ever forward

The view below me
Has no comparison
Its breathtaking beauty
Is enhanced by the sun

I can see every detail
Of my native homeland
From my level in the sky
My home's smaller than my hand

The townsfolk wave at me
As I fly up above
People full of charity,
People full of love

My heart is filled with warmth
As I smell the aroma
Of buttered garlic bread
And meatball marinara

On the clear, blue lake
A ferry passes through
Carrying happy travelers
Who bring their families news

Where is this place of beauty
I have described to you?
Try to find the answer
And you can go there too

1 comment:

  1. That was a very descriptive poem. You were telling a story while rhyming and describing so well. It makes me want to go to this place, because it sounds so loving and relaxing. Great Job!
    -Tessa Yates

    ReplyDelete