Friday, October 16, 2009

The Murder on Main Street By: Janelle Leppink

I'm thinking about turning this into a book but I need some opinions first. Tell me problems in wording, grammar and such! Thanks and enjoy!

The scratching on the window is what first awakened me. I sat up in bed, skittish as a bug. I hurried to pull on my robe and slip out of bed. As my feet hit the floor they made a small thump and I froze. What if the intruder heard me? What if they were coming up stairs? I stood there for at least ten minutes which felt like ten hours. I finally decided to go down the steps and look out the front window. As I did I saw a shadow scurry from in front of the door like a cat flees from a dog. I pressed myself against the wall and grabbed my gun off of the hooks on the wall. I crept to the front door and unlocked it and pushed it open. A large figure leaped at me and before I could stop it, it was on top of me. Then I realized that the figure was my German Shepard dog, Rowley, and he was just excited to see me.
I was so scared these days, always alert, always watching. I thought that they had tried to get me again. Every time they came it was just like that, in the middle of the night, scratching on the window and a leap from behind the door in hopes to charge my house and steal the chest which held the only evidence, the only evidence, I had of my great-grandfather not being the murderer of Annabelle Lockington. The only proof that my family was innocent.


More later, but I'm still figuring out the plot!!

7 comments:

  1. you know whats funny?? my theater is on main streett. ahhhhh!! hah this is really good.
    <3/alexandria zinov. :)
    p.s. my voice is still gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You spelled robe wrong, you wrote rope. So far it's very intresting. I thought you already wrote 150 pages. Also, Tell Ms. Lafortune I'm absent because I have to attend a funeral.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very good, I am very excited to read the rest!

    Brynn N Hall

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great advice!!!!

    Janelle Leppink

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didnt see any of those spelling errors but oh well!

    ReplyDelete