Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sunrise By Rhiannon Cordova

I must wake,
For the night has ended,
My dreams are lost,
My sleep suspended.
But it's all worth it,
To see the sunrise,
A spectacular water color,
In my eyes.
The darkness before,
Is beautiful, too,
The last tinge of night,
Before the glorious hue.
I watch the night,
Fade into day,
Seeing delightful oranges,
Escape the gray.
The reds are a burst,
Of vibrant excellence,
The yellows create,
An amazing balance.
I wish the sunrise could stay forever,
Yet it is not steadfast,
I guess we must always remember,
Good things never last.

I wrote this poem in creative writing, I thought I'd share it with all of you.

4 comments:

  1. I loved this. Great words and rhyming!
    -Savannah Weaver

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good word use, it flows so evenly! Love it!
    -Danielle Mabe

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome! I love the wording in it!
    You did an amazing job!

    Melissa T. B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. All the color imagery is so vivid! Great job.

    Ms. L

    ReplyDelete