Monday, October 19, 2009

A Call from the Future By Savid Acuna

This is part of the first chapter. Tell me if I need something or have too much of something.

A Call from the Future
It was dim in the little hallway, just enough light to see where you were running. The musty air filling my already burning lungs was hot against my skin. Elizabeth was a few steps behind me running just as hard as I was.
“It’s gaining on us!” She called with great urgency.
I looked back for a split second and saw the thing; its body was a mix of a gorilla and a large spider. One of its arms was tipped with a huge claw that looked like it could rip through metal as if it were paper. It had a hard brown shell that covered its body. It was much taller than me or Elizabeth. It whipped at a worker in the submarine. The man was cut in half, blood spattered everywhere.
We took a right, just to find a metal wall staring at us. With a horrified scream Elizabeth turned to stare at the experiment gone wrong.

Today was one of those days that you just want to get over with. I was in English taking the test that would determine if I had to go to the dreaded summer school. Off the top of my head I could name a thousand things I would rather do than go to school in summer, one of them reading a book.
The bell rung just as I was finishing. Mr. Wagner gave me a cold stare for a reason I could not determine. I finally took a breath when I was in the hall. Elizabeth can up to me as I walked to my locker.
“Are you coming over tonight?” she said as I reached for my locker.
“Maybe, I need to do some homework for Wagner.” I responded.
“Okay, see you later then.” She said as she walked away.
“Later.” Was all I said, but it went unheard.

1 comment: