Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Halloween Shape Poem by Dallas Anderson

It's
Halloween!
Spooks
and ghosts
are howling.
Bags are heavily filled with an abundance of candy,
And you recognize your neighbors Matt, Carl, and Mandy.
The candy is yummy, it gives you a buzz, it makes you go crazy,
That's what it does. All the lights are turned off and all the candy
Is gone, The night is peaceful, from dusk until dawn. Then there's
A sound that makes you go jumping, It's the sound of someone's
Feet thump, thump, thumping! There's a scream on the street and
My heart jumps out! I wanted to yell but nothing came out! My
fear was so great that I was shaking, I forgot about the
midnight snack I was making. Then all of a sudden
I woke up from my dreams. The kids outside
are yelling "Happy Halloween!"

I hope you have a spooktacular Halloween!
Dallas Anderson

2 comments:

  1. That is amazing how you did that. I want to make one now. It is making a picture out of words....literally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda Johansson said the comment above.

    ReplyDelete