Friday, October 16, 2009

Red Heart Balloon by Brynn Hall

Red Heart Balloon
You gave me a red heart balloon, that hot summer day.


But I let go accidently, and it ran away.


We chased if for miles and miles, with your hand in mine,


Your hand was warm and sweaty, but it felt just fine.


As we watched it float up to the heavens, a tear formed in my eye,


You told me that balloon was special, then quietly said goodbye.


I stood there for a few minutes, not knowing what to do,

When I finally realized, I really did love you.


I am older now, bigger and wise.


But sometimes I see that heart balloon, when I close my eyes.


I see you every now and then, but you never say 'Hi',


I'm sure now that I don't have you, and my heart slowly dies.


I wish I could go back, to that hot summer day,


When you gave me a red heart balloon, and it ran away.





That's a poem I wrote in seventh grade in Ms. Matthews class. We had to make a shape out of the little pipe cleaners and I made a red heart balloon. Please comment, I want you to judge this! Please be as harsh as you can! I will do anything to make this better!

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE that poem Brynn! I really, truly LOVE it! Don't think that I am just being nice because I am Stephanie, but I really, really LOVED it!

    Stephanie Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you darling, :)

    Brynn N Hall

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! You are so welcome!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really nice poem!! Very cute.
    Madelin Crapo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So CUTE! I love it! The picture goes perfectly with it. :)
    -Kyleigh Cooper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing brynn! Love it! I bet Ms. Mathews did to! :)

    Berkley L Mitchell

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg if you made that then i suggest that you hurray along and go show some poem person and make that a famous poem but hurry i might take it hahaha just kidding i love this it is amazing especially sense you made it up

    -dana soweidan =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you made it any better (which you can't) it would explode with awesomeness (which it does :3) Great poem!

    Taylor T.

    ReplyDelete