Sunday, October 18, 2009

Dark by Taylor Tomlinson

Sorry, been getting lots of inspirations for poems. Also, sorry for it being in the dead of the night to you guys, I am in Las Vegas and it's only 9.

I was born in darkness

Yet I could still hear

I could still smell

I could still taste

I could still feel

Apparently all life was like this

Like a last meal

My parents would tell me

Wonderful stories of something called light

It would bring colors to the darkest of nights

I have dreamed of one day seeing this light

Though I will probably never see it, in all my might

They told me once

That the tiniest light shines in the darkest shadows

So, I wonder, where is my light?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Taylor! I loved reading your poem and poems for that matter, but especially appreciated the imagery of light and darkness in this poem. It makes the reader think, and it's something we can all relate to. Keep up the good work.

    Ms. L

    ReplyDelete