Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Just Because- Alex Crowell

I wrote this for my Creative Writting class meant to be empowering to something that you believe in. I am not a feminist myself but I find writing about it fun. I hope you enjoy this, its sort of interesting.

Just Because- a poem for the feminist.

Just because I am a girl
Does not mean I will sit at home.
Does not mean that I knit or bake.
And it doesn't mean I won't send rockets to the moon.

Just because I am a girl,
Does not mean I wear skirts or floral print.
Does not mean I give myself away for the slightest bit of attention.
And it doesn't mean I am containable.

Just because I am a girl,
Does not mean you always win in running races or power over me.
Does not mean I am not worthy of wining or power myself.
And it does not mean that you can stop me.

Just because I am a girl.
Do you think you are higher then me?
In fact, where would you be without me?
Do you think I am yours?

I'm not.

4 comments:

  1. I like it, It makes sense.
    Tre Petersen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea to write on something that empowers you. You are a strong girl, and I like these thoughts:)

    Ms. L

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing, your a wonderful writer.

    Brynn Hall

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy this, it was funny and cool :3

    Taylor Tomlinson

    ReplyDelete