Saturday, February 19, 2011

Moo, Shipoopi, and Shoopuf

The wind calls to me, but I was told not to listen. It cries, it grieves, it is in pain. My ears are sealed shut, but my eyes betray me. I have decided to leave it behind, my child, my creation, my masterpiece. In the past, it has gone with me around the world, we laughed and cherished, we had fun. Now, as hard as it is for me to say this, I must leave. I must go on and see the world outside. Rain pours down on me as I turn away and walk slowly, regretfully turning back and seeing the sorrow. Each drop represents hurt, because now, that wind which I so loved has grown claws. I am being wounded, as I make my so called triumphant march towards the new world. I am torn. I am broken. I am shattered and confused. I try to pick up the pieces and rebuild the puzzle that once formed me, but I can't. The puzzle no longer forms me. The pieces have changed shape, and I don't know what to do. It crumbles around me. I can't go on. It is winning. It is laughing. It knows me. How can I turn away now? How can I leave behind all that I have and go on with nothing? Because it is not just a part of me, it is me. I have nothing else. Everything is so far, so far... Because everything is nothing. Nothing is everything to me. Anything can pass me in my mindless wander, but anything will never be everything.

1 comment: