Friday, February 18, 2011

Bird in a Cage.

I believed the empty words, and I felt the consequence.
My heart was slowly being ripped apart.
The sound ringing in my ears.
Everything I was, was torn apart.
Every ounce of my strength was holding on to your words.
But you let go. You let it slip through your fingers.
You words sounded so sincere.
So pure and true.
But they were stained with ink.
I never knew how painful something could be.
Until you tossed me into the winds.
I never knew how many tears could fall.
Until there was no one holding them in.
I never knew how far Cruel could go.
Until you gave me no mercy.
The aching pain never leaves, and your haunting voice stays near me.
I erased everything around me, and focused on you.
I poured my life in a cup and gave it to you, not knowing that you would take it to your advantage and break it.
You took my love and used fear to replace it.
You kept me away from those who loved me.
You let me suffer in agony.
You always locked the door and shut the lights.
I was naive and I trusted you.
Even after running away, you find me.
You left me, but you won't let me go.
I want to be free. But with you as my shadow.
I'll forever be a bird in a cage.

No comments:

Post a Comment