Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Why?

It was either the ending or the beginning
Turns out it was the end.
No more doors for me to open
Just blanks walls for me to stare.

Oh, I beat the walls with all my heart
And shouted till my voice knew no sound
And then I lay there quietly
Resting so I could fight again

But all the will left me at that moment
The voices not wanting me to leave
And I sat in quiet oblivion
Just staring at what could be

Images raced through my head
Things that I had seen
How people in the movies had fought and escaped,
Free but never free.

Is it better to stay captive
Knowing no more hurt can come?
Or to escape the world of nothing
Always being numb?

I’m not a daring person
Nor am I one to let things go as they will
So I will make my own beginning
With my own chalk
In my own hand
And create something that wasn’t meant to be

No comments:

Post a Comment