Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Excuse Note by Brynn Hall

Dear Hillcrest Junior High,

Please excuse Brynn's tardy from school today, it was not her fault I was red. Cars come and go but no car never stays for more then two minutes. When I saw Brynn's shiny, sleek, black car roll onto the pavement, I just knew I had to beg her to stay. I turned yellow, then red when she pulled up, and she came to a stop. I stayed red for three minutes total, but I could tell she did not want to stay with me. So, I let her go. Like I do with many cars a day. I take full responsibility for her tardy. If only I would have just stayed green for one more second, she would have been to school on time, and I wouldn't be so disappointed. Please, if you are going to punish anyone, punish me.
Sincerely,
The Stoplight

No comments:

Post a Comment