Thursday, March 24, 2011

26 Ways to Fail

Hey bloggers! This is Aurora. Unfortunately, Jasmine is not able to post today. She is still kidnapped, and informed me, but as a punishment they took away her voice and are laughing at the froggy tone, and comparing her to the Little Mermaid, when Ariel lost her voice. So she has kindly asked for me to fill her in for the last two days that she has missed, and even though it is late and I am fatigued, I will try and fulfill my promise.

Yesterday's letter was 'O'. O is the second to last vowel in the English Alphabet, and
would be among one of my favorites, if I had a favorite letter. It also resembles a circle, which is a shape with a center that all points are equidistant to. Circles also have a radius, diameter, and an infinite number of lines of symmetry. One of the first words that I think about when I hear the letter 'o' is Oscar the grouch, from Sesame Street. Oscar was one of the best characters of the show, in my mind, and was always fun to listen to. His recycling bin is one of the most unique houses that I have ever seen, I have to admit. His green fur always made me think of moss, however...strange. Another thing that I think of when I hear the word 'o' is Orange. Oranges are rich in Vitamin C, and are a citrus fruit. Their name is the same as their color, and they grow mold really fast, so don't leave them sitting out too long! There have been too many occasions on which I have picked up an orange and found that I have powdery green mold on my hand. Which leaves us back to Oscar's green fur. Maybe it's really mold....interesting.

Today's letter of the day is 'L'. L is the first letter in the word L-O-V-E, love. Love is an amazing emotion that seizes the hearts of many each day. It is one of the most powerful feelings known to mankind, aside from hatred. Love is a wonderful thing. If you count of 20 things that you really love each day, and never repeat things, then each day your attitude will be improved. I'll use my list as an example: I love chocolate! I love bananas and icecream! I love my pets! I love my family! I love the play, Oklahoma! I love technology! I love the mountains! I love my bed! I love spring break! I love cell phones! I love seminary! I love digital photos! I love my neighbor who always greets me each day I come home from school! I love my friends! I love poetry! I love volleyball! I love food! I love books (and bookgroup)! I LOVE oxygen! There are so many things to love! You can even love the word love!

Well, I hope you enjoyed this blog post from me, Aurora, not Jasmine. Maybe she will be able to write tomorrow, we'll see. Farewell, bloggers!

-Aurora

2 comments:

  1. Aurora, lovely! Awesome cover. Sorry I have to keep getting covers for my column but I keep getting kidnapped. Aninimous! Grr... SSS, penguin police... I'm not even sure why I'm being kidnapped at this point. And taking away my voice was evil. I just finally, barely, got it back. I can talk with a slight frog sound and I still can't sing. A cruel thing to do to me. Truly despicable. Though the prison cell you have me in is really nice. I've been listening to Beethoven for the past 24 hours and reading Night. So as long as I get my homework done I"m happy... Just let me out before Thursday... Please..

    Jasmine Crespo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you also Peter for giving me the antidote to the poison which I was given. It took away my voice and somehow it is now back. I thank Peter because that's who I assume sent the antidote to me considering the card it came with said classified information then it blew up. ( A little warning next time? I could have used it to blow open my cell so now it just exploded my... my key.. darn... I can't type with it.. just well.. see.. abccdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxy ! Well that's what key..

    Jasmine Crespo

    ReplyDelete