Sunday, November 8, 2009

Saving Me by Melissa T. Brummett

I am smitten,
By this apparition,
Scared to death,
'Cause there's nothing left,
To hold on to.

I feel its anger,
My life in danger,
My bloody dreams,
Tearing at the seams,
Of my sanity.

And then there's you,
And everything you do,
You had to be so brave,
Pulling me away,
From Death.

But even though you're breathing,
I can feel you leaving,
You are dying,
So stop lying,
About it.

This ghost,
Wants to make me its host,
Death in its eyes,
Its wailing cries,
For salvation.

And then there's you,
And everything you do,
You had to be so brave,
Pulling me from my grave,
Into the light.

I'm fighting as hard as I can,
And this is something you can't understand,
Yet you try so viligantly,
Making this almost humiliating,
Watching you fall for me,
Into the Black Sea,
I can't stop you,
From being a fool,
Saving me.

I feel so dead,
My mind is like lead,
A macabre feeling in the air,
Do I dare,
Touch you.
-----
If you like the stuff I write, you can see more by looking me up on Writing.com, my username is xxxdarkluvxxx.
I have lots more there.
(It's not all Gothic scary stuff.)

3 comments:

  1. Great word choice Melissa. Very appropriate for the tone of your poem. Well done!

    Ms. L

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it! It's really well thought through!
    Marisa B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job!!! I love ALL of your poems! I hate writers block! I can't get anything to work for me!

    Taylor Tomlinson

    ReplyDelete