Sunday, November 15, 2009

Depths, -A poem by Alex Crowell

Sometimes I feel like I'm drowning
In my own skin. Like the water isabout to take over me.
And there are moments when I feel like I've got the tread
Or I've got the rhythem . These moments when I feel like I've
Got the slightest hope or faith. Just then a wave comes and crushes me.
Thrusting me lower into the ocean. So deep I can feel the seaweed
Wrapping around my feet, the coral scratching my water ridden skin.
I fight my way toward the surface, clawing at invisible holds to
Lift me back up. The blue watery arms grab at me, trying to pull
Me back into their hold. They taunt me, persuade me.
Yet I fight and I fight and reach for the air and when I catch my breath
This neverending cycle starts again. I still struggle with the waves.
But I fear that one daythe depths will grasp me and
I will have no choice but to give in...

No comments:

Post a Comment