Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Holocaust by: Marissa Earley<3

Through the short time we have studied the Holocaust, there have been so many thoughts and questions that run through my mind. I want to share three of my thoughts/ questions with you. If you feel the same way, please comment and we can talk about this certain issue.

1- I can't even attempt to imagine how horrible these Jews must have felt seeing these pictures that were suppose to be photos of them. These photos displayed were absolutely hideous and it makes me wonder what I would have done if I was a Jew. I wonder what I would have thought about myself because thinking that you are ugly and hideous is not a good way to go.

2- I learned that Hitler was not the only cause of beginning to hate the Jews. He had someone that he idolized that blamed the Jews of everything done wrong. It makes me wonder if only Hitler would have possibly made one little difference in his life to not idolize this man that the Holocaust may have never taken place. I can also relate this to anyone to simply think before you act because it may have serious consequences.

3- My last thought was quite an interesting thought for me. I think that personally, I am just quite curious to know what Hitler thought. I've wanted to get inside of his head and figure out what went on in his head to do such awful things to innocent people. This makes me think twice before I do or say anything because it could have a huge impact on someones life.

How does this all relate to The Book Thief? I honestly haven't been able to make the connect quite yet. It just makes me think of what little Liesel is thinking and how she is taking everything in. It also makes me think of adults and what they must have thought. Being an adult through the Holocaust you would have to have thought that Hitler was incredibly insane; at least, that's what I would have thought. This book really plays a different key in my mind because of all the things people were thinking during the Holocaust. Especially what death was thinking. Death must have been even more satisfied then Hitler himself. These are just a few things that play into my head as I read The Book Thief.

No comments:

Post a Comment