Thursday, November 5, 2009

Forgive -Rhiannon Cordova

Hi everyone! I just wanted to share this beautiful poem my dad wrote for me from prison. This poem sent tears to my eyes and I just wanted all of you to read it. Enjoy!

Forgive the sun who didn't shine,
The sky had asked her to dine,
Forgive the stars that heard your wish,
The moon prepared their favorite dish.
Forgive the rain for its attack,
The clouds have tears they can't hold back.
Don't hate the birds 'cause they are free,
Don't envy all the things they see.
Don't block the wind, but hear its cry,
Or else that wind might pass you by.
Forgive the storm, it means no harm,
Don't hate the sun, because too much burns.
Life intends not to cause pain,
The flowers bloom from all the rain.
The storm will come and it will pass,
The sun that shines grows the grass.
The wind cannot help but cry,
The stars at night light up the sky.
Forgive the world in which we live,
We'll all find peace if we just forgive.

2 comments:

  1. This poem is awesome! I would love to read more! Thanks for posting this! Good job
    -Madelin Crapo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem is beautiful. I'm sure you'll read it for many years to come. The weather imagery is powerful.

    Ms. L

    Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete