Monday, November 2, 2009

My First Paragraph In My Persuasive Essay By Janelle Leppink

Affirmative Action is supposed to be a program designed to end racism, but isn't it really justifying racism by it's own actions. Its policies totally judge people solely on skin color and gender. Affirmative Action tried to help minorities and women, but in the process, reverse discrimination has taken place. Now, white males are discriminated against. This cannot be an affirmative program if there is a form of discrimination involved. Instead of choosing a candidate for a job or for school admission, because of one's color or gender, it should be because of their talents and abilities. The best any colored male or female should be selected for the job, or to get accepted into school. Why should some people get special preferences over others? It just isn't correct. There should be no special treatments, and no special preferences given to people. Everyone has the opportunity to advance in this country; you just have to take the initiative. Affirmative Action should be eliminated from the United States for reasons that it only judges people by their skin color and gender, discrimination is not right, and people should be selected for jobs by their talents and abilities.

Tell me what you think, changes, spelling, etc. Thanks! :)

2 comments:

  1. That's really great! I'm sorry that I can't help you with grammar... I would probably crash my computer because I'm so bad.
    Marisa B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job!! I think that when you said "It just isnt correct" that maybe it could be "It just isnt fair, nice, etc"



    ***Kelsey Ross

    ReplyDelete