Monday, November 16, 2009

Christmas music! By Ellie Dow

I know what most of you are thinking, Christmas music already. You have got to be kidding me. You're pushing out Thanksgivi-ng. Well, some of us music lovers beg to differ. Music for me is an art and an expression. Christmas is the time of joy and happiness.
It's where you spend time with your families and huddle around and watch younger siblings faces light up with big smiles as they unwrap their gift to find that it's the thing at the top of their list. It's a time where old and new friends get together and go sledding and when they reach the bottom of the hill snow splashes on their faces and when they're done they gather inside and drink hot cocoa by the warm, roasting fire.

I love Thanksgiving. It's my favorite holiday. But no offense, it doesn't have any fun music. During the holidays I love to turn up the radio and sing my heart out to Mariah Carey's 'All I want for Christmas is you' with my sisters until my mom yells,"QUIET!" and my sisters and I laugh and laugh and have a wonderful time.

Everyone has a favorite Christmas song that they're dying to hear in the winter, including you. Don't protest the music, just sing along!

No comments:

Post a Comment