Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lucky 13

Today I am going to talk about writing. I know it has already been talked about, but I like writing and, in case you haven't noticed, I have a really big issue with coming up with topics. You need proof? Really? *Sigh* Okay click here. Or here. Or you could just look for yourself. It's really hard to get those links up. Just saying...

Anyway, on to writing. The first thing that a reader sees is (usually) the opening paragraph. You usually want to draw people in with the opening paragraph. You want them interested in your writing. However, there are occasions where you instead wish to scare away all readers who are not absolutely committed to reading what you wrote (see above paragraph). Back to the original topic. It is highly suggested that you tell the audience just what you are going to talk about. You may also want to hint at the further contents. Of course, you could be absolutely explicit about what you will be writing about, and that's fine too. (i.e. thesis statements)

Whew! This is getting kind of technical. I don't think I can handle this anymore. Although I must admit I'm proud of not mentioning world domination, toast, etc. thus far. Oh yeah I just mentioned it. Darn.

So because I cannot stand the technicalities of writing I will talk about...You know what? I will go there...


World
Domination!
I would write more, but I'm out of space. Curse you paragraph that is filled with technicalities!
Peter Rosen
P.S. If you're really that interested, just comment. If you do, I'll write about it on Saturday. If I have the time. Which is doubtful. Or next Wednesday. If I have the time...
I'll write about it sometime. Don't worry. I just can't specify when.

No comments:

Post a Comment