Monday, January 3, 2011

26 Ways to Fail


Failures. I deem you all failures. Not one entry in my contest. Was it REALLY so hard? I'm disappointed. I would yell at you all except for I'm too tired. R was for Rube Goldberg but, I guess now it's Roses. "A rose by any other name would still smell as sweet" I love Romeo and Juliet (that's where that quote is from) Especially this scene. Well it's the big scene no duh. I also like the humor in the first scene because they (the two main servants darn I forgot their names) keep bragging to each other how they are such studs and how any maiden would fall over themselves for one of them. Okay on to roses. For those of you who don't know, roses are my favorite flower. I love flowers, considering I was named after one. (No we are not going into the Princess Jasmine thing at the moment). Roses are beautiful plants that are most often the symbol of love. There are many songs that have the lyric rose in it. One of my favorites is from the musical "Gypsy". The basic plot of this musical is that "Baby June" is a singer/dancer that is living out her mothers dreams and her "talentless" sister dances too, but in the background as a boy. Since this is of course the mothers dream and not June's, she quits and marries a background dancer that she grew up with. The sister (I hate that I can't remember her real name, it will come to me eventually) has to make a living. Now she's never had limelight so when she gets a job at a burlesque theatre, she doesn't really want to go on, but in order to get money she does. Soon she loves it and becomes Gypsy Rose Lee. Then her mother is depressed because now she can no longer live off of her daughters fame Gypsy gets a big ego. Finally Rose has enough of it and then starts singing one of my favorite songs, "Rose's Turn". If you listen to it it's pretty good. There was more to the plot of the musical but I don't really want edit it right now. Then there is Poison's "Every Rose has its Thorn" ugh.. Sorry but I don't really like this song, I know the words since my stepfather likes it but I just don't like the sound of it. Roses are used everywhere, like there was the enchanted rose in Beauty and the Beast. Lots of Disney movies have roses. But I know >:D has a problem with Disney movies. *Evil stare*
So unless there are any late entries I bid you all farewell.

Jasmine Crespo

No comments:

Post a Comment