Monday, April 4, 2011

"The [rare and hard to find] Light in Night" By Daniel Powell

The book Night was a sad and dark book, however it had some spots of light that shown out in the dark. The character Juliek was not a big person, however he showed me that there is still hope and joy even in the darkest of times. The music that he played was played in fun, his violin was a part of him that was not taken away from him when he was taken away to the camps. It showed me that the SS could not take away everything that made the people who they were, music (we can assume) was a big part of Juliek's life before it all started and it was still a part of him all the way till his death. Music was the shining light that helped Juiek live as long as he did.

3 comments:

  1. Truly a work of art.

    Peter Rosen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Peter. It truly was a work of art. I didn't think about Juliek like that and I agree that he did bring light.
    Blake Brockbank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juliek is my favorite character and the only light I saw in this book so good job of listing him.
    -Jasmine Crespo

    ReplyDelete