Monday, April 4, 2011

The Light in the Night by Jasmine Crespo

Night was a book full of darkness and hopelessness. One thing I found though was truly a "Light" in Night. Germans thought they were so much better than the Jews. They even restricted them from playing German music by German composers. Juliek, from what I understand was a very talented violinist. He faced many hard trials in Auschwitz and when he had his final dark moment, facing death, he provided light and hope for himself and for those around him by showing that he didn't care anymore about German restrictions and in the final moments of his life, all he cared about was his violin and playing the music he loved. He played a German song, so what? He brightened the spirits of those around him and died with a spark of hope.



P.S.

I hate this book with all the passion of my being. (Well maybe I find some parts good and inspiring but the best written part of the book was the preface). It is dark disturbing and in my opinion, not well written. Prove me wrong, or say that I'm wrong, I don't really care. This is just an opinion so disregard it.

No comments:

Post a Comment