Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Light in the Night by McCall Mash (absent Monday)

The light seemed not to be hope; not faith nor compassion. Elie Wiesel said that the prisoners in Auschwitz lost the little bit of compassion, faith, and hope they had. He did not say that they were ruthless, unforgiving, but more that grew numb and found it hard to care. Care whether or not they lived or died. Why should they care? They were living with death. So where was the light? To me it seemed like there was none at all. Only a cruel, wicked novel on how humans were treated like they did not deserve the right to live. But I found myself proven wrong. One of the few times while reading this novel I found a bit of light. In a part of the book I read about a mans eyes having the shadows of laughter. To me that said 'One day I will laugh again, this will not kill me.' That seemed to be the one part of the book that stuck with me most. That was some of the light that I saw, even when it was that dark.

3 comments:

  1. This book really seems to have gotten you thinking! You have some great points, and its almost as if you are daring the reader to be a better person. (:
    -Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a remarkable writer! I really liked how you made me feel like I should be a better person.

    -Blake Harsh-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you worded your emotions it was a perfect explanation.

    Tre Petersen

    ReplyDelete