Monday, April 4, 2011

A Light in the Night by Taylor Tomlinson

Night was a depressing book. I'm just going to throw that out there. I'm going to try and keep my personal opinion of the writing style and some parts out of this, but if I fail, I apologize. I believe the one of the lights in such a dark book is the relationship between Elie and his father. They stand together through everything, though even that deteriorates. Everything is about supporting each other and staying alive, because they only have each other.

3 comments:

  1. That's what I think too! Well, at least the part about Elie and his father. There really wasn't much more light in night that compared to that shining beacon. I'm really glad that Elie and his father were able to stick together the whole time, until his father died. Without that, I don't know if I would've really wanted to read the book all that much.
    -Alison C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. If you don't have someone/something to live for, why would you live through such pain? If you have someone to support you, you have a reason to make it through, almost like an obligation to live.
    Love you Turtle!
    Melissa T. Brummett

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that's right. Dark, but without blindness. Why give up when you have come so far?
    -Ninjalike Otdom Polson

    ReplyDelete