Thursday, May 5, 2011

Favorite Poems!

Hey, bloggers! I'm so sorry that I haven't been on the blog for a while. I should've checked the blog more often, but I can't undo the past, so let's talk about something else, such as favorite poems. Poems are a wonderful way of portraying feelings, and are loved by everybody, whether in song, sonnet, free verse, scripture, limerick, or any other type of form. There isn't one person on this earth who hasn't been in some way affected by poetry, and as such I think that we should all post on this blog what our favorite poems are. It will be fun to read them and may cause others to find new favorite poems.
I've already posted my favorite poem, "Invictus" on the blog before, so I decided I'll just post one that I enjoyed reading recently. So, for all of you Lord of the Rings lovers, this one's for you:

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be the blade that was broken:
The crownless again shall be king.

-Aragorn's prophecy (Book 1 pg 278)


-Aurora

No comments:

Post a Comment