Saturday, May 15, 2010

Daddy- A poem by Jasmine Crespo

Okay people of Honors 8! We are getting LAZY! So stop whatever you are doing and BLOG!!!! School is almost over! We aren't going to be eighth graders anymore! So take advantage of the few days you have left! In the spirit of that, here is a poem:

"Daddy"- By Jasmine Crespo
Daddy would you be proud of me?
Of all the things I've done?
Daddy would you be proud of me?
Of your daughter who misses you a ton?
Would you clap at all the things I've done?
Cheer me on while I perform?
Sit in the front row?
Oh why did you have to go...
Daddy would you scare away?
All the boys who come to play?
They're just friends, but you'd tease.
Made me laugh with your joyful ease.
Daddy would you tell me?
The things I want to hear?
If only you were here.
Daddy would you be proud of me?
I did the thing I dreamed!
It was more spectacular then in my wildest dreams!
Daddy you were proud of me.
If I would only know it.
Because when you were around me,
I was too blind to see you show it.
Daddy are you proud of me?
Of how I asked you ,
If you were proud of me?
Daddy I ask this for I know the answer.
If you were here you would be proud.
You would tell me not to listen to the crowd.
To be the girl I want to be.
The girl inside who's really me.
Daddy why did I feel you there?
With others instead of you warm stare?
I'm not afraid of my dreams anymore.
I just wish you were here to say,
Daughter I'm so proud of you.
You turned out better than I dreamed.
I wish too that I could be there with you.
Daughter how did you turn out so good?
When I was oh so bad.
Why did I never say more how I was proud.
So daughter I'm so proud but saddened for you to say aloud.
Daddy are you proud of me?
Daddy are you proud of me?


3 comments:

  1. A brief explaination:
    My dad died 22 months ago.
    -Jasmine Crespo (Author)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jasmine, why did you have to write that? It's really good, so good it made me cry! Even when I read it the second time on the blog. I do think it was sadder hearing you say it to me. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!:(
    -Alison Carter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this. I remember reading this poem and being impressed and awed.

    Ms. L

    ReplyDelete