Thursday, December 17, 2009

The time By Ellie Dow

As I walk down the long hallway and through the pale door, I hear songs of merriness run through my mind and out of my mouth. As cloth lands on me the songs run more an more frequently and a smile of approval begins to creep upon my mouth as I see my reflection on my dark slippers. Soon I feel my mothers gentle hands run through my hair as she readies it for primping. While she is doing so I can feel my foot vibrating to the beat of my mind songs. As I walk down the stairs I gently lift up the corner of my gown and smile to my dad. He gives me a hug and whispers,"You look beautiful." To reassure myself I look at my reflection and begin to smile in pleasure, knowing that I'm ready for the choir concert.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Ellie! Great job at really setting the scene! I became a fly on the wall because of your descriptions.

    Ms. L

    p.s. I'm sure the concert was amazing.

    ReplyDelete